Classes & Training
Nursing at Dakota College (document)
File Size: 2076.6 kb
Practical Nursing Curriculum at Dakota College (document)
File Size: 101.63 kb
Practical Nursing Program
LPNs possess the knowledge, abilities and skills to meet the basic health needs of people of all ages. Their work is supervised by registered nurses, advanced practice nurses or licensed practitioners. Employment opportunities include acute care, long term care, clinics and community health.
Path to LPN certification
1) Complete coursework and exam to become a Certified Nursing Assistant
2) Enroll in pre-nursing classes at Dakota College at Bottineau. Coursework includes: anatomy and physiology, psychology, algebra, chemistry, college composition, pharmacology
3) Apply to practical nursing program - new students admitted each spring
4) Complete 11-month program, including clinical work at HAMC in Rugby
5) Take the state board exam for licensed practical nursing
For more information, email Diane Sjol at Dakota College at Bottineau at email@example.com or call 701-228-5433.